How to replace the battery of the Jaguar S-Type, X-Type, XJ or XJR remote key fob
Has your Jaguar S-Type, X-Type, XJ or XJR key fob stopped working? Do you need to replace the battery of your Jaguar S-Type, X-Type, XJ or XJR remote key fob?
In the exclusive Autokey Squad video below, you will be shown how to replace the battery of the Jaguar S-Type (1999-2009), X-Type (2002-2009), XJ (2002-2008) or XJR (2002-2008) remote key fob safely, without spending a penny and in under two minutes!
You are going to need a flathead screwdriver.
1. On the back of your remote key fob you will see a small opening. Insert your flathead screwdriver in that opening and gently pry it apart. You will end up with the key blade component and the main remote head.
2. Using the flathead screwdriver, gently apply a levering motion along the seam to separate the two halves.
3. You will see that one half of the remote head has the circuit board. At one corner of the circuit board you will see a small screw. Use your flathead screwdriver to unscrew it.
4. You can now gently remove the circuit board to reveal the battery underneath.
5. Use the screwdriver to remove the old battery by levering gently from underneath it.
6. Take the new battery (battery type CR2032) and put it where the old one was.
7. Put the circuit board over the battery; put the screw in position and tighten it.
8. Snap the two halves of the remote head back together again.
9. Slide the remote head back onto the key blade component.
You have successfully replaced the battery of your Jaguar S-Type, X-Type, XJ or XJR remote fob!March 15, 2013